This page is in the process of being updated. - 2/15/23
- What is CrashPlan?
- How many computers can I backup?
- How do I know CrashPlan is working?
- I received an alert that my computer has not been backed up in 3 or 5 days. What do I do?
- How long will CrashPlan keep my data?
- How do I perform a file restore from my computer?
CrashPlan Cloud is a centralized, multi-platform, network-based backup solution. Client computers will run an application in the background that automatically backs up data to our servers when you have an active network connection. It allows short-term backup of the most critical information on your computer. In the event of a data loss on your computer, you can use the CrashPlan client software, or the web interface, to recover the missing files. NOTE: CrashPlan is NOT a long-term archiving solution. CrashPlan is also not appropriate for completely restoring or rebuilding your computer in event of a catastrophic failure.
Each user is limited to four devices.
By running the CrashPlan Cloud program on your computer you can see the last time a backup was performed.
- Run CrashPlan. You should see a message saying, “Congratulations! CrashPlan is backing up!” You will also see the Desination PROe Cloud, West Connected under the Destinations tab.
- For more information, click on the gear icon for Settings.
- Exit the CrashPlan application. It will continue running in the background performing backups.
If your computer has been off or asleep for 3 or more days, CrashPlan has not been able to backup your information. Simply use your computer again and CrashPlan will resume your backups. If you have used your computer in the last 3 days, please contact the Help Desk to determine if there is a problem.
Files that still reside on your system are stored indefinitely on the backup server. Whenever a file is changed, a new version is captured and backed up every 15 minutes.
- A 15-minute snapshot for up to 7 days
- A daily snapshot for up to 90 days
- A monthly snapshot for older than 90 days
- Files that you have deleted from your system are kept on the backup system for 90 days. On the 91st day, the files are marked for deletion from the backup archive and are no longer recoverable. They will be deleted from the backup archive during the next archive maintenance process.
Contact the Help Desk if you require assistance.